The Pembina Hills Arts Council (PHAC) located in Morden, Manitoba is looking for a Research Assistant to work on our community survey project. This is a 35 hour/week, twelve-week summer term position. The successful candidate will work with the Administrative Coordinator in conducting a community survey to evaluate the programming currently offered by the PHAC to the broader Pembina Valley region. The goal of the project is to create a survey, obtain survey responses, conduct data analysis and create a final report.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Participate in the writing of our community survey.
– Oversee the collection, entry, management, analysis and reporting of data.
– Participate in the development of promotional strategies to encourage community participation.
– Oversee the extraction and compilation of data for a final report.
– Oversee the development of the final community report.
– Develop an understanding of gallery administration and programming and the history of the organization.
– Provide administrative support and back-up to the front desk when necessary.
– Other tasks as necessary.
– A strong understanding of research methods
– Ability to work independently or as part of a team
– Have strong organizational skills
– Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
– Knowledge of MS Office
– Obtain a valid criminal record check and a clear child abuse registry check
This candidate must also meet the Young Canada Works eligibility criteria. For more information please visit their website http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459433313024. All applicants must be registered as a student through the Young Canada Works site to qualify for this position.
– Experience conducting community surveys or working with survey data
– Experience with survey and data analysis software
– Report writing
– Experience in the Arts & Culture sector
Applications are encouraged from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and new Canadians.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This twelve-week position runs June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Interim Administrative Coordinator
Or apply in person at: 352 Stephen Street, Morden, MB.
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 2, 2017 at 5:00 pm CT. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Job type: Seasonal